When to report a buyer
You should only report a buyer if you think they're violating our policies. Here are a few examples of when to report a buyer:
- The buyer is demanding something that wasn't offered in the original listing
- You believe the buyer is making a false claim
- You believe the buyer is misusing eBay Money Back Guarantee or the returns system
- They've asked you to complete a sale off eBay
- They're abusing the bid retraction process, repeatedly bidding and then retracting bids
- They're messaging you more than what would be considered normal, with no intention of buying the item
How to report a buyer
If you think a buyer is violating our Abusive buyer policy, you can report them to us by selecting the button below.
Reports from sellers help us better identify and remove buyers who are abusing our policies. Learn more about how we protect sellers.
We take all reports seriously, but please make sure your claims are accurate. Learn more about false reporting of policy violations.