When you print a postage label on eBay, you can simply drop off your parcel or, for Sendle services, book a courier pickup at no extra cost. The postage cost is added to your monthly invoice when you create the label.
Here are a few more benefits of using our labels:
- You don't need a special printer or adhesive labels – just print on normal A4 paper and tape it to the package.
- Signature on delivery and insurance are available:
- When using Australia Post, you can add signature on delivery or insurance if required.
- Sendle pricing includes transit cover up to $300 and free signature on delivery for most services. (Sendle does not offer signature on delivery for parcels that weigh below 500g.)
- Your parcel's tracking information is uploaded automatically.
- You can add the order number or other custom text to your label.
- You can print labels for multiple orders at once.
Please visit our Seller Centre for more details about pre-paid postage labels on eBay - opens in new window or tab.
Postage labels are only available for items sent within Australia.
How to create and print postage labels
It's quick and easy to create and print postage labels. You can print them one by one, or in bulk.
To buy and print a single postage label:
- Find the item in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or on the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab and select Print postage label from the drop-down actions menu.
- Double-check that both your address and the buyer's address are correct. If you need to edit one of them, select Edit below the address.
- Select your preferred delivery service and enter the package details, such as type, weight and dimensions.
- Choose any additional services you want to add (fees may apply for these).
- Select Create label. You can then either open or download the label, print it onto normal A4 paper and tape it to the package. If you'd like, you can print a packing slip by selecting Open packing slip.
To buy and print multiple labels:
- Go to the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab and select Print postage label from the drop-down actions menu next to one of the items.
- Select the Print labels in bulk link at the top right side.
- We'll show a list of orders awaiting postage. You can remove any orders for which you don't want to print a label, and combine any orders which you want to send together in one package.
- For each order, check the buyer's address and delivery service – you can edit these if you need to – and choose any additional services you want to add (fees may apply for these).
- When you're ready, select Review purchase to see a summary of the labels you're creating.
- Select Confirm and pay to purchase your postage.
- Select Print labels to open and print a PDF that contains all of the labels, or use the drop-down menu next to each order to download the individual labels if you'd prefer to print them separately. You can also print the labels list to help you with picking and packing your orders.
Sending an order in multiple packages
If you're posting an order in multiple packages, you can print a different label for each package.
Once you've printed the label for your first package, simply select Print another label for the same order from the label confirmation page. You can then enter the weight and dimensions for the next package.
Each additional label you print will have its own tracking number and will be charged separately, based on the package weight and dimensions you entered.
Discounted business postage rates with Sendle
Discounts on Sendle labels are available to sellers who print a large number of postage labels through eBay.
If you meet one of the following criteria over a rolling 8-week period, we'll automatically opt you in and you'll see the discounted business rates when buying and printing postage on eBay:
- 160 Sendle postage labels printed
- 300 eBay transactions
- 160 eBay Plus transactions
You then need to print a minimum of 160 Sendle postage labels on a rolling 8-week basis to continue receiving the discounted rates.
How to reprint a postage label
You can reprint your postage label at no extra cost within 24 hours of first printing it. Simply go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab and select Reprint.
How to cancel a postage label
If you haven't used a postage label, you can cancel it within 5 days of creating and printing the label. If your cancellation request is approved, you'll receive a credit for postage and related charges within 25 days. The credit will then be shown in your seller account activity, and on your next monthly invoice.
Here's how to cancel a postage label you printed on eBay:
- Go to Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item you'd like to cancel the postage label for, then from the Actions column, select More actions, and then select Cancel postage label.
- Choose your reason for cancelling the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
- Select Cancel postage label.
Remember that you may not use a label after it's been cancelled, or cancel a label after you've dropped the parcel off.
How to print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarising the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage postage labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Find the item in the Sold section of My eBay - opens in new window or tab or on the Orders tab of Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab.
- From the actions drop-down menu, select View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.
How to print labels for multi-channel orders
To help you manage all of your order fulfilment in one place, you can now buy and print postage labels for your Shopify or BigCommerce orders via eBay.
Here's how to set up multi-channel labels:
- Log in to your eBay account via the eBay Shipping Portal - opens in new window or tab.
- Go to the Channels tab & sync your Shopify or BigCommerce store.
- Sync orders in the Orders tab to view your most recent orders from all channels.
In the Orders tab, you can either buy postage labels in bulk or print labels for individual orders. Here's how:
- Weight and dimensions for your eBay orders are reflected automatically. You may have to enter these manually for other channels.
- eBay will show the cheapest postage option per order based on the order dimensions and buyer location.
- Select Continue and then Commit to buy to purchase the label(s).
- You can then print and/or download the labels.