To pay with PayPal, select PayPal as your payment method at checkout and enter your account information. If you'd like us to save your details for next time, tick the Remember me box.
If you don't have a PayPal account, you can sign up on the PayPal site or by selecting the button below:Sign up for a PayPal account - opens in new window or tab
Need help paying with PayPal - opens in new window or tab? Contact them by selecting Help on the bottom of any PayPal page.
How to link PayPal and eBay accounts
When you link your PayPal account to your eBay account, you don't have to enter your PayPal account information each time you pay.
Here's how to link your accounts:
- Go to Account settings - opens in new window or tab in My eBay and find the PayPal Account section.
- Choose Link my PayPal account.
- Sign in to PayPal to complete the process.
You can only link one PayPal account to your eBay account at a time. If you need to unlink your accounts, follow the steps above and select the Unlink accounts link in the PayPal Account section of My eBay.
How to change the PayPal account used on eBay
To use a different PayPal account on eBay, go to your Account settings - opens in new window or tab in My eBay, find the PayPal account information section and follow the links to be taken to PayPal to update your information.
You can also select the Change link when choosing PayPal as your payment method at checkout, then Switch account.
How to use a different payment method for your PayPal payment
If you have more than one card or bank account saved with PayPal, if you have a PayPal balance, or if Pay After Delivery is available for your purchase, you can choose which one to use when paying for your item.
At checkout, select PayPal, then select the Change link to choose a payment method. You can also add a new credit or debit card.
Problems paying with PayPal on eBay
If you have an issue paying with PayPal, contact your seller first to let them know there could be a delay in payment. If the following troubleshooting tips don't resolve the problem, contact PayPal - opens in new window or tab directly to find a solution.
- Go to your PayPal account and check your payment details are saved correctly
- Try choosing a different payment method in your PayPal account, or if that doesn't help, contact PayPal - opens in new window or tab
- If you're using an older web browser that's not secure enough to make payments or manage your payment methods, try updating your browser or clearing the cache and cookies on your device. See our Technical Issues policy for more information
If your payment is shown as pending in your PayPal account, the seller hasn't accepted the payment yet. Contact your seller and PayPal customer service for more information.
How to buy on eBay without using PayPal
If a seller accepts PayPal, you don't need a PayPal account – you can pay using a credit or debit card, an eBay gift card or eBay voucher, or Afterpay. Sellers may also accept other payment methods. Check the payment options offered in the listing before you complete your purchase.
Learn more about our Payment methods policy.