To spend your voucher, coupon, discount offer or gift card, enter the redemption code in the Add vouchers, gift cards section at checkout, then select Apply to see your new order total.
If your eBay voucher, coupon, discount offer or gift card doesn't cover the total amount of your order, choose how you want to pay the difference and complete your purchase as usual.
Where to find the redemption code
For vouchers, coupons or discount offers, we'll email you when there's one available, and you'll see the redemption code in My eBay - opens in new window or tab. To receive vouchers, coupons and discount offers, make sure your Communication preferences - opens in new window or tab are set to receive marketing emails from us.
For eBay gift cards, the redemption code is on the back of the card. Gently scratch off the security coating to see the code. If someone's emailed you an eBay gift card, the redemption code is in the email.
If you've been sent a voucher or discount offer to an email address that isn't the one you use for PayPal, you'll need to add that email address to your PayPal account.
Some things to remember when using a gift card
- You'll need to have an eBay account with an Australian address to spend your gift card on eBay.
- You don't need to use PayPal to spend your gift card. (Some gift cards may say that you need a PayPal account, but actually you don't.)
- You don't need to spend the entire gift card amount in one purchase. We'll save any remaining balance against your eBay account for you to spend at another time.
- You can spend more than one gift card at a time, or use a gift card on top of a voucher or discount offer. At checkout, put in one code at a time in the Add vouchers, gift cards section and select Apply after each one to update your order total. You can use up to 8 codes per transaction.
- Gift cards expire 12 months after the date of issue (the date it was purchased).
- Only redeem eBay gift cards when paying for an item at eBay checkout. Never give your redemption code to anyone else.
- For more help, read our FAQ about gift cards - opens in new window or tab.
Some things to remember when using a voucher, coupon or discount offer
- You can only use one voucher, coupon or offer per purchase.
- Vouchers, coupons and discount offers are usually only valid for a limited time and can't be transferred between eBay accounts.
- Vouchers, coupons and discount offers come in different forms. Always check the terms and conditions for full details of the voucher, coupon or offer so you know what's included and what's not.