You can make great savings on your next eBay purchase with a voucher, coupon or discount offer we've sent you.
How to pay with vouchers, coupons and discounts
You can use your voucher, coupon or discount offer to buy any item on eBay as long as the offer has not expired and the item you'd like to buy meets all the criteria stated on the coupon.
Once you've found an item you'd like to buy, here's how to redeem your coupon or offer at checkout:
- Enter the redemption code in the Add vouchers or coupons section.
- Select Apply to see your new order total.
- Select Confirm and pay.
If your eBay voucher, coupon or discount doesn't cover the total amount of your order, choose how you want to pay the difference and complete your purchase as usual.
Things to remember before using a voucher, coupon or discount offer
- You can only use one voucher, coupon or offer per purchase.
- Vouchers, coupons and discount offers are usually only valid for a limited time so always check the expiry date before you go to checkout.
- Vouchers, coupons and offers can't be transferred between eBay accounts.
- Some offers are only available to eBay Plus members, so make sure you're signed in with your eBay Plus account. Or if you're not a member, it's easy to join eBay Plus - opens in new window or tab.
- Always check the terms and conditions for full details of the voucher, coupon or offer so you know what's included and what's not.
- You can't redeem a voucher, coupon or discount offer if you're using PayPal's Pay After Delivery option – you'll need to change your PayPal payment method.
Where to find vouchers, coupons or discounts
To receive vouchers, coupons and discount offers, make sure your Communication preferences - opens in new window or tab are set to receive marketing emails from us.
We'll email you when there's one available, and you'll see the redemption code in My eBay - opens in new window or tab.
Select the button below to receive vouchers, coupons and discounts from us.Receive vouchers, coupons and discounts - opens in new window or tab
Troubleshooting when you have issues paying with a voucher, coupon or discount offer
If you experience any issues paying with a voucher, coupon or discount offer, the first thing to do is check you've entered the redemption code correctly.
If the redemption code is correct and you haven't already used the offer on another purchase, try the following:
- Confirm the voucher, coupon or discount offer is still valid by checking the expiry date
- Make sure the voucher, coupon or discount offer can be used for the item you're buying and with your selected payment method by checking the terms & conditions
- Go to your eBay account and make sure the voucher, coupon or discount offer is there
If you unexpectedly receive an error message, check that all your delivery details are correct including your telephone number, and make sure that you haven't reached any limits for the offer (such as the maximum number of redemptions).