If you see a payment pending in your account, it may be because either PayPal or eBay have placed a temporary hold on it.
PayPal payment holds
In some situations, PayPal may place a hold on your payment. Check your PayPal account to see if there's a PayPal hold. You can also contact PayPal for more information.
eBay payment holds
If your buyer reports an issue with a transaction, we may place a hold on your payment until the issue is resolved.
Payment holds for new sellers
If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we might put payments from your buyers on hold. Generally, the funds will be available either:
- 7 days after the estimated delivery date, or
- 1 day after confirmed delivery
- If no tracking is used, we'll do a check for positive feedback after 4 days (to allow sufficient time for the item to be delivered). If positive feedback has been received, you should get the funds within 24 hours. Note: This check is only carried out if no tracking is uploaded. Best practice is to upload tracking so you can receive the funds 1 day after confirmed delivery
If the buyer reports a problem with the transaction, we'll place another hold until the issue has been resolved.
You'll become an established seller after:
- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
- You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales
We recommend sending your items as quickly as possible and with tracking – you'll keep your customers happy, and get the fastest access to your payments.
Payment holds for established sellers
If you're an established seller, you should usually get access to your payments immediately, but there are some reasons why your funds could still be placed on hold:
- Your Seller Dashboard rating has been Below Standard for 90 days
- You've started selling in a new category
- Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase of eBay Money Back Guarantee cases
- Your buyer opened a request for an item they didn't receive or an item that didn't match the listing description
- You need to add tracking details to an item in order for an eBay Money Back Guarantee case to be resolved