You can pick which postage methods you want to offer your buyers when creating your listing. Depending on whether you're using our quick listing tool, or our advanced listing form, you'll do this in slightly different ways:
On the listing page, scroll down to the How you'll post it section and you'll see 3 tabs:
- Select postage for me – we calculate your postage based on how other sellers sent similar items
- Select postage myself – you can choose from the list of services and add the postage charges yourself
- Offer local pickup only – you'll need to state in your listing where the buyer can pick the item up
- On the listing page, scroll down to the Postage details section
- Under Domestic Postage, you can select:
- Calculated: Cost varies by location – you can use the postage calculator to get an estimate for each postal service's charge
- Flat: Same cost to all buyers – you can also create your own rate tables detailing your postage charges for each area
- Freight: Large and bulky items
- No postage: Local pick up only
- From the dropdown menu under Services choose your preferred service(s)
- If you're offering a flat rate, enter the postage cost or select local pickup
- You can also apply any combined postage rules or promotional postage rules by ticking the boxes next to these options
- Set your handling cost (calculated postage only) and handling time
- Add your package type, weight and dimensions
You can also choose to set buyer requirements to exclude buyers who have a delivery address in countries you don't want to post to, or have a history of unpaid items. See Setting buyer requirements for more information.
Before setting your postage options for an item, have a look to see what options other sellers are offering so you can be competitive with your rates.
Read our guides below for more information on making your item available internationally, having your buyers collect their items in person, estimating shipping costs and more.
Learn more about Click & Collect, where you post the item to the buyer's chosen Woolworths store.
Find out more about letting buyers collect their item in person.
Learn about cash on delivery, where you send the item to the buyer's chosen post office.
Find out what you need to know about drop shipping on eBay.
Learn how to use our postage calculator to work out the postage costs based on the buyer's location.
Find out how to add international postage options to your listings, and understand what you need to do for customs.