Got Things to sell? You’re in the right place.
Here’s everything you need to get started.
Whether you’re decluttering your closet for extra cash, or have a garage filled with useful items going to waste, eBay is the place to make selling your Thing. Simply follow these easy steps and watch your Things quickly find new homes.
Create an eBay Account
If you don’t yet have an eBay account, you’ll need to create one. You’ll also be required to verify your identity and provide your bank details so we can make sure your money goes to the right place.
List your Items
Collect the Things you want to sell, ensuring they are in good condition. Create your listing from the eBay app with clear, high-quality photos and accurate descriptions. Choose your price and postage options.
Complete the sale
Respond to any buyer enquiries and send your items promptly when they sell.
Tips for listing your items
- Research similar items on eBay to understand the market and set competitive prices.
- For fixed-price listings, determine the price at which you want to sell the item. If opting for auctions, set an initial price, specify the duration for bidding and add the ‘Make Offer’ option, so you can review any offers from buyers.
- We recommend that you use eBay Postage labels and specify postage costs. Posting through eBay offers a range of benefits such as:
- Discounted delivery rates with Sendle and flat rate nationwide prices with Australia Post
- The convenience of home or office pickup at no extra cost*
- Automatic tracking details are uploaded to your listing which may protect you from “item not received” claims.
*Pick-up service only offered by Sendle. Selected areas only. Sendle T&Cs apply.
Congrats, you made a sale! Now what?
After your items are listed, keep any eye on your eBay account and respond promptly to questions from potential buyers.
We’ll notify you when your item sells. Send the item promptly and mark it as shipped on eBay to keep the buyer informed.
Feel free to nudge your buyers to share their feedback and ratings after the sale. Positive feedback goes a long way in boosting your seller reputation.
Keep in mind that there’s a Final Value Fee for items that successfully find new homes.