Posting your eBay orders
Providing buyers with great postage options will help drive your eBay performance.
To give your items the best chance for a sale, we’d recommend offering:
- Free postage
- An express postage option
- An international postage option
To offer free postage, consider your packaging, weight and measurements, and the rates your carrier charges. Then work this into your item price.
Buyers expect and search for free postage, so offering this service can make a big difference to your sales. Buyers also love an express option, so make sure you provide an optional upgrade from your standard service.
If offering free postage isn’t an option for you, consider setting postage discounts when buyers reach a minimum spend, and make sure you’ve set up postage rate tables. Postage rate tables allow you to specify variable postage rates for locations across Australia. Further information on these tables is set out below.
eBay Postage Labels
With eBay prepaid postage, sellers can pay for their postage and print their postage labels, all on eBay. eBay will populate the buyer's address automatically and show the seller the cheapest postage option depending on the buyer's location. With prepaid postage on eBay, sellers can:
- Post items from $6.13
- Choose between Sendle and Australia Post
- Apply tracking automatically
- Pay for postage for multiple items at once with the eBay bulk label printing feature
Having trouble with fulfilling your orders?
Postage Preferences are located in the Site Preferences tab of your My eBay Account. Postage Preferences can be adjusted to set:
- Postage rate tables for variable postage costs for different locations and types of items
- Handling times for order processing
- Combined payments for buyers who purchase more than one item
- Postage discounts
- Excluded postage locations
Postage Rate Tables
We always recommend you offer free postage. But where you do charge, you can set up postage rate tables. With postage rate tables for can:
- Set postage costs for 100 regions, with up to 20 unique tables per account
- Specify cut-off times for same-day handling for accurate delivery estimates
- Give buyers choice with costs for Standard and Express delivery.
To offer free postage to certain regions, just set the value in your table to $0. If you leave a field blank, we’ll calculate the rate based on your specified flat postage cost.
You can set your postage rates based on three criteria:
- Item: Set different rates and options for further locations
- Weight: Fixed base cost + additional amount per kg
- Surcharge: Choose a base cost and add a surcharge by region
Once you’ve created rate tables, you can apply them to individual listings, or in bulk using our bulk edit tool. You can also create a business policy to apply rules to your listings.
If you are unable to offer Free Postage on your items, you can offer postage discounts. You’ll save by posting items together, and buyers benefit from discounted or free postage for orders over a certain amount.