5 x 0% Variable Fees - New or Reactivated Sellers
Please read the full Terms and Conditions below and click “Accept Offer” to participate in the Promotion.
How to sell on eBay
- Register: Registering for an eBay selling account is quick, easy and free. If you’ve bought something with us in the past, you can use the same account and all you’ll need to do is confirm a few extra details.
- Snap your item: Take high quality photos from various angles and capture any blemishes to manage buyers expectations.
- List it: List items quickly using our listing suggestions, write a item title and description that pops.
- Sell it: Accept this offer and you’ll pay 0% variable fees on up to 5 sales.
- Send it: Send your item to its new home for free* with 3 free eBay Postage Labels
When does the Promotion run?
- The Promotion runs from 00:01 (AEST) on Sunday 1 October 2023 to 23:59 (AEST) on Sunday 31 December 2023 (“Promotion Period”).
- eBay reserves the right to cancel or change the Promotion at any time, as set out below.
Who is eligible for this Promotion?
- “Eligible Sellers” means sellers who:
- do not have a current eBay Store subscription;
- have Australia or New Zealand as their registered address on eBay.com.au;
- have been invited to participate in the Promotion by eBay via email or an on-site banner; and
- register to participate in the Promotion by clicking “Accept offer” within this Terms & Conditions page; and
- have not sold any items on eBay in the last 12 months.
- The date on which an Eligible Seller accepts the offer and successfully registers to participate in the Promotion is the “Registration Date”. For the avoidance of doubt, the Registration Date can only be a date that occurs within the Promotion Period, and not before or after.
- Sellers whose eBay accounts are temporarily or indefinitely suspended, made inactive or are subject to listing restrictions, or whose seller performance falls to Below Standard, whether prior to or during the Promotion Period, are not eligible for this Promotion.
- This Promotion will only apply to the eBay account that successfully registers to participate, and is not transferable, exchangeable or assignable to any other eBay account.
What is the Promotion?
- Eligible Sellers will receive 0% variable fees (a component of eBay Final Value Fees) on up to a maximum of 5 Eligible Items that are newly listed and sold between the Registration Date and the end of the Promotion Period (“Promotion”).
- “Eligible Items” means items that are:
- listed and sold between the Registration Date and the end of the Promotion Period;
- listed as auction or fixed-price listings only; and
- not otherwise excluded under these terms and conditions.
- Eligible Items will only receive the discounted variable fee on sales that occur up until the listing renews, whether by auto-renewal or because the listing is Good ‘Till Cancelled (“GTC”). After this, standard fees will apply.
- Final Value Fees are the selling fees charged on the sale of an item, calculated as a percentage of the total sale amount paid per item (item price plus postage and handling charges) called a ‘variable fee’, plus a fixed order fee of $0.30 (incl GST) for non-store subscribers or $0.33 (incl GST) for store subscribers, per order. More information about eBay selling fees, with or without an eBay store subscription, can be found here.
- Once you have accepted the offer, the Promotion will be automatically assigned to your account and will be visible within My eBay. The Promotion will only apply to Eligible Items listed by the eBay account the Promotion is assigned to.
- Unless otherwise indicated in these Terms and Conditions, this Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts, offers or waivers in respect of seller listings for Eligible Items.
- The 0% variable fees discount will automatically apply to all Eligible Sellers and Eligible Items (up to the maximum, if applicable) during the Promotion Period, in most cases. If the discount does not automatically apply once an Eligible Item has been sold, please allow 24 hours for your account to be credited. Any dispute about discounted Final Value Fees must be submitted to eBay in writing within 60 days of the date you incurred such charge, otherwise you waive such dispute and such charge will be final and not subject to challenge.
What is excluded?
- Items listed on eBay.com.au in the following categories are excluded from the Promotion: Websites & Businesses for Sale (11759), Aircraft (63676), Boats (26429), Caravans, Motorhomes (32633), Cars (29690), Motorcycles (32073), Trucks, Commercial Vehicles (6049), Real Estate (10542), Services (316), Flights (3253), Tickets (1305), Travel (3252), Gift Cards (172009).] These excluded categories are in addition to any listings or categories restricted by eBay's prohibited and restricted items policies, which are also excluded.
- This Promotion does not apply to:
- listings created before the Promotion Period even if they are scheduled to start during the Promotion Period;
- listings scheduled to start after the Promotion Period ends;
- listings that are relisted during the Promotion Period, either manually, through the automatic relist function, or the GTC function;
- listings that are listed during the Promotion Period but do not sell and are relisted outside of the Promotion Period;
- any item sold before or after the Promotion Period, or before the Registration Date; and
- listings in Classified Ad format.
- This Promotion does not apply to any other fees other than the variable fee portion of Final Value Fees. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion does not apply to Store Subscription fees, the fixed order fee, excess listing fees, fees for optional features or services (including Feature Fees), international selling fees or any other fees set out at eBay.com.au, as varied from time to time.
- Listings that contravene eBay's policies or do not otherwise comply with all these Terms and Conditions are excluded.
- eBay’s User Agreement and other rules and policies continue to apply and can be found here.
- eBay reserves the right to verify eligibility of sellers and listings to receive the promotional credit/discount. Persons who violate the terms of this Promotion on eBay.com.au may not be eligible for future promotions on eBay.com.au.
- To the extent permitted by law, eBay is not liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with receiving, taking or using the promotional credit/discount.
- Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the promotional credit/discount or in relation to qualifying listings is the responsibility of the seller.
- eBay reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to vary these Terms and Conditions by publishing revised terms on ebay.com.au, or to cancel or change the Promotion at any time. eBay will only vary these Terms and Conditions or cancel or change the Promotion where it determines, acting reasonably, that it is necessary to do so to prevent fraud, seller misuse or abuse of the Promotion, or where it is necessary to do so to protect eBay’s legitimate business interests, including the cost to it of providing a Promotion. Unless it is necessary to vary these Terms and Conditions to correct a minor mistake or error, or to urgently vary these Terms and Conditions or cancel or change the Promotion such as in the case of fraudulent activity, eBay will provide 48 hours’ written notice (“Notice Period”). If you do not agree to the variation or any change in the Promotion, you must terminate this agreement and cease participation in the Promotion during the Notice Period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any promotion which does not have an end date specified at the time of launch or is promoted as a limited time promotion, will not have an indefinite duration and may be ended by eBay at any time.
- These Terms and Conditions will be construed in accordance with, and governed exclusively by, the laws of the State of New South Wales. Each party hereto expressly consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of New South Wales.
- This Promotion is offered by eBay Marketplaces GmbH.
Your first postage label is free!
Post through eBay & get the first label on us. Ltd time only. *See selling fees & T&Cs